Duration: 2 hours (2.30 pm – 4.00pm)
Description: This course includes information about allergic reaction (including administration of an Ana/EpiPen) and minimising the risk of exposure to allergens in children’s services.
Includes: workbook, materials, resources and certificate.
Covered in the course:
- Understanding the physiology of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Recognising what can Trigger a Severe Allergic Reaction
- How to Avoid Triggers
- Recognising the difference between a Mild & Severe Allergic Reaction
- First Aid Management of a Casualty suffering a Severe Allergic Reaction
- How to deliver Adrenalin through an Epipen/Anapen and /or other prescribed Medication
- Safe Handling, Storage and Maintenance of the Epipen/Anapen
- Skills to write a workplace policy for Severe Allergic Reaction
- Develop risk minimisation & management strategies for allergic reactions
Courses can be combined on the same day.
Workplace Training: training can be provided at Workplace (minimum 5 candidates)